Laboratory Testing of All Types are Undertaken at FFA
Exams ranging from 2-20 attendees have been hosted and conducted at FFA. The lab space is used by our in house experts for our work, as well as by outside parties with a paid laboratory tech and usage fee. Please contact Mallorie for information.
Samples of the Testing Done In Our Lab Includes:
- Electric Testing – DMM, milliohm, insulation, circuit breaker operation, AC/DC supplies, with single and three phase power onsite.
- Mechanical Testing – Metrology for precision bore and external measurements.
- Thermal Testing – Thermocouples/meters with data logging capability, pyrophoric oven for materials testing
- Gas Testing – Manometer, flow meteters, regulated supplies, and nitrogen for specialized testing. Capability to test from 1″ WC to 500psi for leak or flow rates.
- Water Testing Equipment – Hydrostatic testing of pressure vessels
- Proof of Concept Testing
- Also known as “hypothesis testing” this is a complete or partial simulation of a situation that was alleged to have occurred in the location of the loss. Hypothesis testing is a key part of the scientific method and be utilized to disprove or verifiy a theory.
Sample photos of a drop light in cellulose insulation are shown. Tests range from simple burn tests (with an on-site reusable burn pod) to simulated electric circuit failure or gas component failure. A breaker test set up is used for testing circuit protection of all different manufacturers of breaker panels.